November 05, 2006

Tsogyal Shedrub Dargyeling Nunnery

Penor Rinpoche established this nunnery as complementary to Namdrolling Monastery and probably this is the biggest nunnery in India. We were a bit hesitant in going inside the nunnery; a place which is sacred and also strictly women's only .
There was a little boy selling vegetable infront of the main gate pretending to be the care taker of that nunnery. He eventually stopped us. Since hesitant, we were out of wit. Lavannya was the only woman in our group; so being an woman photographer she went inside to find out an opportunity for shoot, if any. Later on we were allowed to go inside and to take photographs. People were so friendly and co-operative that we were over-whelmed at their open-mindedness.


[ This photograph has been shoot inside the kitchen of Tsogyal Shedrub Dargyeling Nunnery]

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

good writing. and nice pictures. I also gone through entite bylakuppe and i feel very happy in that place. Do you have photographs of bylakuppe.

You are a photographer or just a blogger like me.

Sandip Debnath said...

Hi, " Anonymous" .. i am sorry that I could not get your name. Yes, I do photography. You can see the entire set of photographs here http://www.pbase.com/sandipd/bylakuppe

I keep the blog updated just to write my memories and field reports. Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

good work! I like the tilt...

Claude Renault said...

This is really cool sandip. I really don't know how you do it, but the result is excellent.