January 14, 2008

Mangalore growing up



i had been to mangalore on 1st week of january ... nothing official but a personal trip after a long time ... i wanted to see a different karnataka altogether, thats what my local friends told me before i went ... but i had something else going on my mind ... i remembered reading the short essay in time... i wanted to see something different .. but here in the glow signs' neon lighting and shopping malls' public extravaganzas at night i was able to relate more like the time's story than conventional dakshin Kannada culture ... this guy caught my attention at a local coffee shop at mangalore ...

mangalore is becoming a truly cosmopolitan city and growing faster ...

4 Comments:

Davidlind said...

Are you a movie star? You look pretty cool. Maybe a director? Have I seen any of your films?

H. Cardoso said...

clearly Café Coffee Day... :)

It's been a while since I visited your blogs, excellent shots as usual. And it was wonfderful to see reference to Mangalore, I spent some time there last year and I have the best memories of the place.

Kinkini said...

Thats Cafe Coffee Day...I had been away for a month now and this blog already has some great photographs added. Wow.

the outspoken said...

he is the guy who will always be there in cafe coffe day...no matter day or night he will be wearing those pair of glasses...and not to mention that trade mark long hair....