February 23, 2007

Color Photography



When I talk about color photography these pictures always comes in my mind first. One of them has been shot with my Canon 350D with a 17-40mm f/4L lens and another one was shot with a small tiny Nikon 3700; a 3.2 MP point and shoot camera.
I must admit here that, 17-40mm f/4 L lens is an excellent piece of glass, which not only reproduces super sharpness but also an excellent color. I strongly feel that the color in the first photograph came so well because of this lens.
The second photograph was a little tricky one. With a small tiny point and shoot camera nothing much you can do while shooting. I wanted to give it a feel of something different. I have set the camera shooting mode in "dusk" , which means it changes the white balance in the camera settings. It was early in the morning, probably at 5:30 AM, not much sunlight though, Chennai Express was about to go off the platform. It was a last minute check up with the reservation list pasted on the train compartment by a fellow passenger, while some others were boarding the train. Due to a slow shutter , it gave me a ghostly image. Enjoy.

7 Comments:

Sriram said...

nice shots!

Anonymous said...

wonderful shots!

Anonymous said...

wow !!! The first one is wonderful ! great colors :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nicolas, beautiful colors. Nice shots!

Anonymous said...

lovely colours in the first one. Now a days the point and shoot dig cams reproduce nice colours. things are advancing a lot now!

Anonymous said...

Both the shots do justice to colors. Love the blur in the train shot.

H. Cardoso said...

They're both wonderful, actually. and I can relate to what you say about the influence of the lens on colour. I'm having trouble with a particular lens in that respect...